Sr. Product Manager
Visionular is a next-generation video encoding and technology software company. We build solutions that harness the power of AI and ML using advanced codec technologies so that our customers’ video applications and streaming services can delight more users. We are a global company incorporated in the United States and backed by top investors. Our market potential is exploding, and we are building something big.
Our team wakes up excited to deliver world-class video encoding, transcoding, and optimization solutions and services every day. Over fifty streaming video platforms, social networks, and OTT services in the United States, Europe, India, Southeast Asia, and China depend on our technology to delight their users and create value for their apps and services.
This opportunity is perfect for someone who has a winning perspective on life, loves the video space, knows video encoding and streaming video workflows, and is looking for their next big move. If you are looking for a video encoding technology leader where your efforts will be appreciated, Visionular is the place for you.
Our Product Managers work closely with customers, the engineering team, and key stakeholders to guide the development of industry-leading video encoding and transcoding solutions from conception to launch. As a Sr. Product Manager, you will actively participate in developing the video strategy and vision, including product roadmaps and market analysis.
Though this role doesn’t own revenue, you will be like the CEO of the product, responsible for its financial success, including customer analysis, solution definition, and collaboration across engineering, QA, sales, and support.
- You will act as the product owner, responsible for the planning and product management of audio and video platform products, including cloud service API, SDK, transcoding, and other major products.
- Responsible for the end-to-end process management, internal and external cooperation, including product planning, design, research, strategy, etc.
- You will be a video ecosystem expert, paying close attention to the development of audio and video standards, PaaS/SaaS platform architectures, video encoding workflow trends, and their associated business requirements.
- You will maintain reports on competing products, effectively translating the information into the roadmap.
- Work with technical teams across geographical areas to ensure rapid product iteration and steady progress.
- Work closely with the business team to understand the advantages and disadvantages of the product in the competitive market environment and help steer the commercialization strategy.
- You are highly analytical, customer-focused, team-oriented, and resourceful.
What you will bring to the role.
- You have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic technical environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or above with 3 to 5 years experience working directly with video streaming and video encoding technologies, including video transcoding and processing frameworks. PaaS and SaaS-related experience is preferred.
- Specific technical knowledge with H.264, HEVC, AV1, HLS, DASH, CMAF, FFmpeg, and all related technologies. You will have a thorough understanding of API design and the technical implementation, along with barrier-free communication with R&D teams.
- Business sense, curiosity, and a desire to explore global markets.
Working with us, we will provide the following.
- A front-row seat to the entrepreneurial journey.
- Learning and growth opportunities in both business skills and leadership skills,
- An opportunity to work with a highly skilled and motivated team where everyone shares the same goals and functions like a family.
- Competitive compensation.
- Incentive stock options based on performance.
- Full medical / vision / dental benefits (Gold Level PPO + HSA – 100% company paid).
- 401K + company match.
- A supportive, collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to consider Visionular and this exciting opportunity. We can’t wait to hear from you. Send your resume and a brief letter of introduction with some details on the video products you have brought to market to firstname.lastname@example.org.