Video Codec Development Engineer
Visionular is a next-generation video encoding and technology software company. We build solutions that harness the power of AI and ML using advanced codec technologies so that our customers’ video applications and streaming services can delight more users. We are a global company incorporated in the United States and backed by top investors. Our market potential is exploding, and we are building something big.
Our team wakes up excited to deliver world-class video encoding, transcoding, and optimization solutions and services every day. Over fifty streaming video platforms, social networks, and OTT services in the United States, Europe, India, Southeast Asia, and China depend on our technology to delight their users and create value for their apps and services.
This opportunity is perfect for someone who has a winning perspective on life, loves the video space, knows video encoding and streaming video workflows, and is looking for their next big move. If you are looking for a video encoding technology leader where your efforts will be appreciated, Visionular is the place for you.
We are recruiting at all levels of experience. Practical experience in developing and optimizing high-performance video encoders and video processing is needed.
Candidates should understand video and image compression fundamentals, algorithms, and techniques and know video compression standards such as H.264, HEVC, VVC, VP9, or AV1. Familiarity with video processing algorithms such as denoising, scaling, or tone mapping would be a plus, as experience with computer video or ML video processing.
A deep understanding of video codec standards and work on actual video encoder implementations with a thorough knowledge of optimizing encoding processes, tuning for performance/quality trade-offs, and meeting practical application-domain requirements are essential.
Solid programming, software development, and debugging experience in C/C++ are crucial, with SIMD programming experience for x86 or ARM highly desirable.
- This position is part of a globally distributed team of highly experienced and expert codec developers from Apple, Google, Cisco, Kingsoft Cloud, and the BBC. It requires a highly self-directed individual capable of working independently and tenaciously on complex codebases. You must enjoy inventing new ways to make code faster and video quality better. We are collaborative and competitive, first against open-source, and second ourselves. Each team member starts their day with the mission to improve over the day before.
- The Cambridge, UK area is a strongly preferred work location, though to start, the position can be remote as we build out our team in the UK.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Do not hesitate to apply if you feel that you have the skills, regardless of your location. We are looking for the right skills and talent, not merely someone who lives in a particular area.
We provide the following.
- A front-row seat to the entrepreneurial journey.
- Learning and growth opportunities as you’ll be joining the number one team in video encoding development and technology in the world.
- An opportunity to work with a highly skilled and motivated team where everyone shares the same goals and functions like a family.
- Competitive compensation.
- Incentive stock options are based on performance.
- Full medical / vision / dental benefits (Gold Level PPO + HSA – 100% company paid).
- 401K + company match.
- A supportive, collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to consider Visionular and this exciting opportunity. We can’t wait to hear from you. Send your resume and a brief letter of introduction with some details on the video products you have brought to market to email@example.com.